Martinez Historical Society
Walking Tour of Martinez
Bank of Martinez
634 Ferry Street
Site marked is the location of first bank building and first bank chartered in Contra Costa County in 1873. Building was destroyed by fire in 1904. Entrance was on Main Street. Building was moved to corner or Main and Ferry in 1906, Entrance was relocated to Ferry Street. The opening was delayed by the San Francisco earthquake. John Muir banked at the 1873 site of the bank.
Martinez Historical Society Plaque #4 Reads: Bank of Martinez Founded on this site - October 7, 1873.