Martinez Historical Society

Walking Tour of Martinez

 

postofficeMartinez Post Office

815 Court Street

First Post Office established in 1851 on land purchased by the U.S. government. The current building, which is the fourth built to serve the City, was built in 1937 by the Public Buildings Service, a division of the Treasury Department. A mural painted by Maynard Dixon is located on the interior south wall.

powall