Receive our bimonthly Newsletter which includes:
- Interesting, informative articles on the history of one of California's oldest towns.
- Notice of upcoming events.
- Up-to-date information regarding our Museum's current exhibits, newly acquired accessions & other items of interest.
Utilize our library & archives to research:
- Your family history (or family tree).
- History of your Martinez house.
- Other local historical information.
Invitations to our social events:
- A variety of history lectures, teas, luncheons and museum open houses.
- The annual Home Tour featuring well-preserved or renovated homes which represent the town's rich history and architectural heritage.
Free admission to the Martinez Museum and its exhibits:
Hours of operation:
- Tuesdays - 11:30 – 3:00 pm
- Thursdays - 11:30 – 3:00 pm
- Sundays - 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Other Days - By special arrangement
Your membership dues support our many projects and services:
- Collection & preservation of historical artifacts, photos, and documents from Martinez. Providing assistance to researchers utilizing these resources.
- Special Museum tours by prior arrangements for groups and dignitaries.
- Tours of the Museum for all 3rd grade students in Martinez every year.
- Scholarships and internships for high school and college students.
- Restoration of the historic 1876 Martinez Railroad Depot.
- Placement of bronze plaques on historic buildings.
- Publication of books & brochures on Martinez history.
- Maintenance of a wonderful website with over 250 visitors per day.
- Historical lectures and presentations to interested community groups.
- Walking tours of our historic downtown – both guided and self-guided.
- Support of both day & night tours of our pioneer cemetery
- Collecting oral histories from the oldest citizens of Martinez.
- History exhibits at locations in Martinez other than the Museum